Friday, January 22, 2010

A New Beginning....

Talk about a slow train a-comin'...now that I officially turned 50 this year, the time has come to pen what is the first of multiple books, I'm sure. I've been blessed not only with the ability to creatively write down that which my unpredictable brain produces, but was blessed with excellent teachers in my formative years. Between those important cairns, along with a bountiful dose of drive and determination, this entry officially 'starts' my compilation for "MILEPOST 50: Reflections along Life's highways at the half-century mark...including the detours!"

Entries will pretty much be the chapters, knowing I have poetic license to edit and change things post-facto. Entries will appear maybe just once a week, or once every two weeks. They will not be short entries, either...but they will be worth a read when you have a moment to grab a cup of coffee and just 'be' with my stories.

I've worn myriad hats during my time sucking oxygen molecules from earth's atmosphere...from career TV weatherman, to science teacher, to flutemaker, to general handyman, to wedding photographer, to screen actor, to nature preservationist...I have stories to tell, and then some. I also think I'd do well doing stand-up comedy, but I can't handle the late night hours and cigarette smoke.

I've got to gussy up the basic design of this site before I begin posting. You might do well to simply subscribe to the updates since they are less frequent than my 'normal' "Bob's Blah-Blah Blog", too. Thanks for joining me on this exciting Journey, one that I really have no guidebook for...but I've never let that stop me so far, so why worry about that now...

The Joy is in the Journey...
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment